NOWCASTING INTERNATIONAL have launched version 6 of their Nowcasting Pro Offshore weather forecast service. In addition to new graphical interface, the new version includes a “weather window” view and increased coverage.
Nowcasting International’s high resolution forecasting tool, Nowcasting Pro is an innovative and user friendly metocean operational solution. Designed to provide high quality information and support offshore operational decision-making for increased safety and efficiency.
Forecasting data based on the most advanced metocean forecast models available
The data is displayed on a PC ashore or onboard the vessel and is transferred using standard maritime communications equipment, GSM, satellite phone, e-mail or via the internet.
- Data is updated every six hours allowing for quick and effective decision making during weather sensitive operations.
- Increased efficiency by avoiding unnecessary or last minute scheduling changes.
- Increased operational cost savings by being able to accurately plan for weather related downtime.
- Improved safety at sea by giving users unsurpassed visibility of changing metocean conditions in a selected area, plus an inbuilt threshold alarm.
- Low communication costs by allowing the best use of all existing maritime communications systems.
Please contact us for more information.